Hey! I'm Kat
I use pens, pixels, and planning to make impactful communications, whether that's a user experience or a poster.
When not designing, I'm dancing to glitch and grunge, geeking out at game night, or introverting hard with a book, cat cuddles, and a strong cup of tea.
in my element
Tea, cats, travel, and tech.
a little about me
- I love making lists. (Heyyy! See what I did there?)
- Part of the reason I decided to go solo is because I love me some naps. No joke. I'm a morning person and a night owl. But that afternoon slump hits me hard.
- My favorite drink is a mix of assam tea + lapsang suchong. Try it. It's like drinking a happy campfire.
- Big dork, tiny body: I'm only 5'2."
- I'm currently based out of South Carolina, but travel about 2-4 months a year, working as I explore new places (a.k.a. "digital nomad").
- Harry Potter fangirl: I've refused to even see the trailers for the films because I don't want them to ruin my idea of the characters.
- I think bikes and motorcycles are way more fun than cars. It's all about that zippy "whoosh" feeling, am I right?
- Istanbul is my happy place. I love the architecture, ceramic art, super-strong tea, and rock music. And the juxtaposition of Roman with Ottoman, ancient with modern.
- I have always believed that logic and creativity aren't contradictory, but complementary. Leonardo DaVinci has been a role model since I was a kid: loved that blend of artist and scientist. (My cat Leo is named after him!)
- I nerd out on psychology related to technology use, life-hacking, and modern culture. Myers-Briggs geek? I'm ENTP-ish. (Hardcore N/P, but split on the other two.)
- I have a serious pen and notebook addiction.
- I excel at stereotypically old-lady activities: knitting, reading books, watering plants, being a cat-lady.
Sound like we'd get along?
Follow along with me, or say hello